image1 image2 image3

HELLO I'M HARRY GALE|WELCOME TO MY MEDIA BLOG

My Favourite Music

My Favourite Band
My favourite band ever is ‘The Last Shadow Puppets’ they consist of two previous friends as the lead singers (Miles Kane & Alex Turner). Alex Turner is the previous lead singer of ‘The Arctic Monkeys’ however made the first album by ‘The Last Shadow Puppets’ while he was still in ‘The Arctic Monkeys’ in 2008. The band have two albums, ‘The Age Of The Understatement’ and ‘Everything That You’ve Come To Expect’ with the latter being the latest release by the band. Their genre is indie rock much like the arctic monkeys, however, ‘The Last Shadow Puppets’ also add an entire orchestra to the indie rock which give the music a different sound to most indie rock that is around nowadays.


My Favourite Album

My favourite album ever is Sufjan Stevens’ ‘Carrie and Lowell’ which is an entire story album about growing up in his dysfunctional family and how it has affected him. The album is not an easy listen to, it is a very sad story, however, his voice and the music work incredibly well together and make the album one that can be replayed over and over again. The honesty that Stevens shows in the album is what makes it so magnetic, everything in it no matter how brutal is straight in the listeners face and doesn’t leave any obscurity.

My Favourite Music Video
My favourite music video is ‘Radio Ladio’ by Metronomy, the entire video is comedic and very strange with the band being painted in pastel colours along with the room and pining over a woman, the music video is perfectly weird and reflects the band.

My Favourite Song
My favourite song is ‘Moonage Daydream’ by David Bowie. ‘Moonage Daydream’ is a classic David Bowie song, it has all the rock elements, however, there is a piano in it, the piano contrasts the rock music and gives the entire song an incredible feeling and is brilliant to listen to.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment